Individual nutrition counseling is performed on any nutrition related disease, including diabetes (type 1 and type 2), obesity, hypertension, cancer, dyslipidemia, elevated cholesterol, anemia, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, PCOS, stroke, gestational diabetes, pediatric needs, and failure to thrive.
Individual Diabetes education. We have a Certified Diabetes Educator on staff with 11 years’ experience. We are contracted insulin pump trainer for every insulin pump on the market (Tandem, Animas, Omnipod, Medtronic) and Accu-check). We can download your pumps and make suggestions for pump setting adjustments. We are trained on CGMS (continued glucose monitoring) devices and can download to discuss options for adjustments.
Diabetes education topics include explanation of diabetes, carbohydrate counting, meal planning, treating hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, avoiding complications, blood glucose monitoring, weight reduction, physical activity, medications, and recipes options.
Our services are usually covered by your insurance! Please check our list of accepted insurances below!
If we are in network, ask your insurance if they cover Medical Nutrition Therapy based on your diagnosis!
Dietitians use these CPT/billing codes: (CPT 97802, 97803)
• Medicare Part B – They only cover Diabetes or CKD (not accepting HPN/SHL Medicare plans)
• Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield – Diabetes and or Obesity only (self-funded plans could have other exclusions)
• Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicaid and Medi Blue Plus (Only diagnosis per guidelines of both)
• Blue Cross Blue Shield FEP (Federal)
• Clark County Firefighters
• Culinary – covers all diagnoses
• Humana Choice Care/PPO Plans/Medicare Plan
• Multiplan Discount Program
• Nevada Preferred Healthcare Providers
• Nevada Medicaid (NOT HPN) – only covers diabetes, obesity, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, dyslipidemia, and heart disease
• Optum Health
• P3 Health Partners
• Prominence/Universal Health Network
• Silver Summit Health Plan (Diabetes Only)
• Silver Summit Medicaid (only covers diabetes, obesity, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, dyslipidemia, and heart disease)
• Silver Summit Allwell Medicare (Diabetes or CKD)
***Patient pays standard co-pay for visit and is subject to deductibles
Cash pay option- $90 initial & $50 per follow-up visit
Want Us to Request a Referral From Your Physician?